How Do I Install PHPNuke?
You can choose to install PHP-Nuke from inside the cPanel and it will install it with one click but we recommend that you do an install yourself so that you get the latest version of the software.
Note: Using older versions of software may contain security risks and bugs that have been fixed in more current versions.
Once having downloaded the archive from the downloads page, follow these steps to get the online shop running:
- Untar the package into the directory you want to use on you web server, if you're unsure where that is, ask you system administrator. (Windows users can use WinZip or WinRAR to uncompress .tar.gz files)
- Now go to the directory where you uncompressed all files and edit the file "config.php". Change all the fields until you are happy with the changes and they fits the need of your web site. Give special attention to the database configuration section. When you have finished to edit config.php file change to the /sql/ directory and there is a file called "nuke.sql" this file contains the commands to build the database structure, tables and the default data.
- Create a database called nuke inside your cPanel. See Creating a Database for more information.
- Click on phpMyAdmin.
- Choose the Database nuke from the drop down.
- Click on the SQL Tab and a text box will appear on the page.
- Open the nuke.sql file in the /SQL/ directory where you unzipped it.
- Select all the text (Ctrl + A)
- Copy the text (Ctrl + C)
- Paste the text from the nuke.sql to phpMyAdmin text box
- Click Go
- Edit the file "config.php" to set the database options. Please read carefully the instruction in that file.
- Open your browser to http://yourdomain.com/admin.php and follow the instructions.
Which Folder Do I Use?
How Do I View My Site?
All About FTP
All About Using File Manager
How Do I Backup My Site?
How Do I Edit an Email Account?
Setting Your Default Email Address
How Do I Access Webmail?
How Do I Change My Email Password?
How Do I Set Up Outlook to Pick up Mail?
I receive an error when I try to send email How Do I Create an Autoresponder?
How Do I Block Unwanted Email?
How Do I Create an Email Alias/Forwarder?
How Do I Create a Mailing List?
How Do I Use Spam Assassin?
About Your Raw Access Logs
About the Raw Access Log Manager
How Do I Install Frontpage Extensions?
About Cron Jobs
What are MIME Types?
What are Apache Handlers?
How Do I Manage OpenPGP Keys?
About the Index Manager
About the IP Deny Manager
How Do I Create Custom Error Pages?