How Do I Install OsCommerce?
You can choose to install osCommerce from inside the cPanel and it will install it with one click but we recommend that you do an install yourself so that you get the latest version of the software.
Note: Using older versions of software may contain security risks and bugs that have been fixed in more current versions.
Once having downloaded the archive from the downloads page, follow these steps to get the online shop running:
- Extract the files from within the package unzip oscommerce-2.2ms2.zip.
- This creates a directory called 'oscommerce-2.2ms2'.
- Enter this directory and copy the 'catalog' directory to the public_html path of your webserver using an FTP program.
- Using your favourite browser, go to the following address: http://[your site]/catalog/install and follow the instructions on the screen.
- View the file catalog/includes/configure.php and make necessary changes. Now you can use your browser to view the pages which should be located at 'http://localhost/catalog/' (substitute localhost for your domain name).
Which Folder Do I Use?
How Do I View My Site?
All About FTP
All About Using File Manager
How Do I Backup My Site?
How Do I Edit an Email Account?
Setting Your Default Email Address
How Do I Access Webmail?
How Do I Change My Email Password?
How Do I Set Up Outlook to Pick up Mail?
I receive an error when I try to send email How Do I Create an Autoresponder?
How Do I Block Unwanted Email?
How Do I Create an Email Alias/Forwarder?
How Do I Create a Mailing List?
How Do I Use Spam Assassin?
About Your Raw Access Logs
About the Raw Access Log Manager
How Do I Install Frontpage Extensions?
About Cron Jobs
What are MIME Types?
What are Apache Handlers?
How Do I Manage OpenPGP Keys?
About the Index Manager
About the IP Deny Manager
How Do I Create Custom Error Pages?